The Children’s Interstitial and Diffuse Lung Disease Research Network (chILD-RN) is pleased to announce its Special Interest Group Virtual Meeting, which usually takes place each year at the ATS international conference. This meeting is open to all.
International collaboration is critical to the dissemination of knowledge regarding clinical care and scientific discoveries for infants and children with rare pediatric lung diseases. This virtual meeting will include international participation, presentation of new data and focused discussion on global efforts to address health equity for pediatric patients with interstitial and diffuse lung diseases. Some meeting highlights include:
National and International chILD: Updates with Focus on Health Equity
• chILD-RN US National Registry- Rebekah Nevel, MD, Univ. of Missouri
• chILD-EU- Steve Cunningham, MD, Univ. of Edinburgh
• chILD-South America- Alejandro Teper, MD, Hospital de Niňos Ricardo Gutiērrez, Buenos Aires, Argentina
• chILDRANZ (Australia and New Zealand)- Adam Jaffe, MD, Univ. of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Health Equity in chILD: Presentations & Panel Discussion
• Use of Race as a Variable in Research- Beverley J. Sheares, MD, MS, Yale Univ.
• Diagnosis, Clinical Care and Research Access for chILD- Vivek Balasubramanian, MD, Univ of Wisconsin, Madison
• Diversity in the Pediatric Pulmonary Workforce- Terri Laguna, MD, Lurie Children’s Hospital
chILD Research Updates
• Nintedanib Clinical Trial Update- Robin Deterding, MD, Univ. of Colorado
• Murine Model of NEHI- Xin Sun, PhD, Univ. of California, San Diego & Lisa Young, MD, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
• Genetic Testing in chILD in 2021 to Guide Diagnosis and Therapeutics- Larry Nogee, MD, Johns Hopkins Univ.
We hope you are able to join us!
Alicia Casey, MD, Harvard Medical School
Elizabeth Fiorino, MD, Weill Cornell Medicine
Jennifer Wambach, MD, Washington University School of Medicine
Co-Chairs of chILD-RN IG